- This event has passed.
Family Fun Weekend at Wollaton Hall
Wollaton Hall will be holding a range of free exciting science activities for a jam packed Family Fun Weekend on the 15th – 16th February.
- ExploreDome, which is an inflatable planetarium (thirty-minute shows throughout the day)
- Handling session with real specimens from the Nottingham Natural History Museum.
- Make and launch your own rocket with the Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- CollAge, to explore ageing and exercise with full-sized human body collages from Keith Bloody Mary and Dr Lisa Chakrabarti.
- Demonstrations on Conducting Nature and Carbon Chemistry Busking.
These activities will all be held in the Great Hall, and they are free for the whole family throughout the weekend, so no need to book ahead, just drop in and enjoy.
All weekend, there will also be exciting Plant Blindness Workshops, in the Camellia House, delving deeper into the world of plants through sound and movement, as part of the ongoing Plant Blindness Exhibition.
What better way to engage your inquisitive little ones in the School Holidays than through
exploring plants? You’ll get the opportunity to listen to them, capture their appearance through art, and an imaginative writing session. For the full details, please see the Plant Blindness Workshop event.
- Free Mobility parking (with Blue Badge) in main car park and near the entrance to Wollaton Hall
- Lift access to gallery floors and toilets
- A ‘Changing Places’ toilet and height-adjustable bench; we ask people to bring their own slings and register before use at the Courtyard Shop or Potting Shed.
- Accessible toilets are in the courtyard 9am-5pm and near the play park 5pm-8pm.
- Induction loop access across areas of the site.
- Tactile models of the park and hall in Lower Courtyard near the Potting Shed.
- Wheelchair access to the main hall. NOTE: Stairs feature on tour routes.
- Sensory experience in the formal garden.
- Manual wheelchairs available for use in hall and gardens. These can be collected from the hall and courtyard shop on arrival.